The Bangor Wetlands Group specialises in an interdisciplinary approach to wetland science and we are therefore involved in a variety of different research projects. Below is an example of some of the areas the Bangor Wetlands Group is currently involved in.
- Peatland carbon storage
- Peatland geoengineering schemes
- Environmental controls on drinking water quality
- Constructed Farm Wetlands (CFWs) to improve water quality
- Decomposition rates in mangrove swamps
- Environmental and ecological impacts of beaver reintroductions